Thursday, March 22, 2012

One & Only

This trip was all for my mother - she grew up in Johannesburg and hadn't been back to South Africa in almost 40 years and so we really wanted to make it a special experience for her.  When I was looking online for hotels in Cape Town I came across an incredible deal at the One & Only Cape Town and knew I had to book on the spot  (we were later told that there was a technical error which caused the seriously reduced rate, but it was still honoured).  From the moment we arrived at the hotel we knew that this was going to be a once in a lifetime experience and that it was going to be a fantastic end to our already unforgettable time in South Africa.





The hotel and rooms were everything that you would expect from a five star hotel and more - impeccably detailed, spacious and fit-out with luxurious materials. With a warm glow from the walnut wood throughout, and the simple modern bathroom featured double vanities with surface-mounted glass basins, our island room as it was called, was larger than our apartment (actually) and felt more like a high-end residence than a hotel room. 




This was the beautiful view of Table Mountain from our room - we even indulged and had breakfast on our terrace one morning - I love hotel decadence!

We had a truly wonderful trip and would highly recommend anyone to go. We all would have loved to have more time to spend on safari, exploring the cape, and relaxing at our amazing hotel, however all good things must come to an end at some point. I know that there are a few of you planning trips and I cannot wait to hear about them, and for all of you who have already visited your stories and memories are welcome, so please share!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my wow, that hotel room looks amazing. I'm glad you were able to take your mom - I'm sure she'll treasure that memory for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Looks like you guys had a fabulous trip, you're mum must have been crazy excited xx kat

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...