Friday, March 30, 2012

Furniture Fridays

I would like everyone to join me in welcoming Jacquelyn from the amazing Lark&Linen.  Jacquelyn and I have become blogging buddies and I am so thrilled that she is here for Furniture Fridays. Working as an interior designer in my hometown of Toronto, Jacquelyn has an incredible eye for design and I am always so inspired by her posts.   Her aesthetic is sophisticated and down-to-earth and I highly recommend all to stop by her world for a read. Welcome!



While some women pine after shoes and purses, I tend to pine after chairs. I would much rather wear last years pumps if it meant I could dine on an Eames or Aalto classic. While the Hans Wegner wishbone chair will forever remain my favourite (something about it gives me googly eyes), there are many lesser known ones that deserve their time to shine.

Renound French designer, Jean-Marie Massaud, designed the ad-hoc chair for Viccarbe in 2007. The piece is both sculptural as it is functional which is an instant bonus in my eyes. It can be found in black, white, orange or clad in 24 carat gold, for when you're feeling fancy, and is perfectly suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. It's one of those items that can stand on it's own and truly take centre stage, or seamlessly blend into its surroundings. Plus, it's surprisingly comfortable to boot. Form and function at it's very best.




Image sources Vicarbe

4 comments:

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...